Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pits and Poo! Yay for Free Days!

Well, it took a few weeks but I think the family is about 99% back to normal.  The past few weeks was just a whirlwind of coughs, stuffy noses, sore throats, and fevers.  One person after another.

I didn't realize how draining being out of commission could be on a "normal routine" until it was time to get back into it.  It was so hard to get out of the house to do anything at first.  Then you realize you're just wasting away inside while there is a whole world to see outside.  Thanks to my favorite site Mommy Poppins I found a couple of things to do today.

The first was the La Brea Tar Pits and a free day at the Page Museum.  Free? We're there!  This was a first for us both.  Either I've never been or I was too young to remember.  But it was new to both of us.  Kim always warned me that it was pretty boring.  She was right.  The tar pit, well, it's a pit.  As for the Page, it's a really small circular museum full of bones from the pit.  You can get thru it in 10 minutes.  You're better off going to the Natural History.

B is not amused

Just another LA day

Tap that

http://www.nhm.org/site/

Stretching those legs during story time

Lens flare!

Bones, bones, bones ...

and more bones

He wanted to walk his stroller

Next stop was LACMA.  No free day here.  But that's ok, the two things we wanted to see were outside anyways.  A) Urban Lights aka "the light posts in the front" and B) Levitated Mass (or what I like to call B's poo diaper where the poo seems to have gone UP the back).

Anyhoo ...

Gratuitous light shot

And another angle 

We're going in!

Ooh!

Ahh!

Rock.


No comments: