Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Disneyland!


Bradley is not amused

Well, the time finally came. The inevitable. The unavoidable. And I'm not talking about the Apocalypse, although few can make that argument.

But I'm talking Disneyland here!!! Bradley's first exposure to the big machine with mouse ears. As American as baseball. A tradition like Thanksgiving turkey. And at times as excruciating as pulling teeth. But any Disney aficionado knows, that with just a little planning, you can get a lot done in a little time and with ease. And that's how our day was like. Smooth as butter.

Like a having a friend that's a plumber or a mechanic, knowing a Disney employee works wonders on the wallet and makes things very convenient.

The D Crew

We started our day with lunch at Earl of Sandwich: Home of the world's greatest hot sandwich. And you know what? It didn't disappoint! The secret is the bread. A nice crunch on the outside nice, warm, and doughy on the inside. I also got the tomato soup, I love tomato soup ... and this one was one of the better soups I've had. Served perfectly with buttered croutons.

Mighty fine sandwiches

None of us had been to the new California Adventure with Carsland, that's where we went first. While the girls did some Christmas shopping the boys rode rides. It was the perfect comprise (pretty good poem there).

Eskimo sighting!

I took Pat Toy Story Mania for his first time. Turns out he was my good luck charm for I set the daily high score!

Bucket List Item #35

Dancing to the parade

It wasn't until the early evening when we finally got around to getting into Disneyland. At that point other people where available to join us at the park! We caught up with my brother, my sister in law, and Kim's cousin. We all got out of the cold to enjoy a nice warm dinner indoors at the Plaza Inn.

Catching up with the fam bam

Dinner time

Loving dinner


Buzz Lightyear Blaster was my dessert scoring almost an identical score toy Toy Story one (an off night). A Storybook ride and a very short firework show and that was it for baby Bradley.

Enjoying the firework show

He was such a good kid. Handled the day without so much as a hint of a fuss. A good first trip ... the first of many.

What a trooper

- Posted by Ron via iPhone

No comments: